1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 9/2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Cal has no offensive line.
    Cal's starting quarterback was TERRIBLE.
    Tennessee stacked the line and Lynch was a non-factor.
    Cal couldn't tackle.

Cal's still an 8-win team... but Tennessee was the far better prepared team today.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I-AA's were 2-50 against I-A's last year (Stanford was the only BCS school to lose).

Colorado was the first this year. Kansas State was almost the second.

Will there be more?

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So much for Arkansas's surge back to middling, but I guess losing by 36 is better than losing by 53.
    Didn't someone post earlier that they thought Arkansas had a shot? Wow. Hope you didn't have money on that.
    John David Booty didn't look awesome, just efficient and SC is in the running for another national title game appearance. The Hogs are looking at 7-5 or 6-6 and heading to the Shreveport bowl game. At least it is a step up from 4-7.
    And nice insight from Holly Rowe on the Arkansas quarterbacks not talking on the sidelines.
    Tennessee looked very good. Maybe Cutcliffe should be Jesus instead of Fatty.
    Notre Dame might lose its next three and Ohio State beats Texas next week.

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Jay if you want to make a board bet - say, a week, no posting - i'll take Texas over OSU.

It's one week, people.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Portland State knocked off New Mexico. Another win for a Big Sky school.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Let me see the injury reports and such and get back with on the board bet. But I think I'll take OSU regardless.

And I challenge any of the West Coast deskers to use this headline...
    MH: Booty answers the call as Trojans win
    SH: Razorbacks offense sputters with Dick out and Johnson ineffective

Or just use "Booty Call" as the main hed

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

See above posts referring to Duke. From a BCS conference.

9. WSKY

WSKY Member

Please don't call that belligerent man poor

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That's from fasting 40 days in the desert. :)

Colt McCoy won me over today. I guess he's the... um ... Real McCoy. (We'll find for sure next Saturday in Austin.) He didn't look bad at all, but then again North Texas is gonna make a lot of teams look pretty good this year.

The Joey Halzle watch is on in Norman. Stoops' trigger finger is getting mighty itchy again.

Anyone see where Mitch Mustain entered the game late to a standing O and drove the Hogs right down the field?

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Mustain looked good on the one drive. The next drive he threw a pick into heavy coverage. Locked on a receiver. That being said, Nutt would be a nut if he doesn't start the kid. Johnson sucks.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

As for Mustain, I don't think I've ever seen a home crowd losing so badly get so excited over a late touchdown.

Draft saved Draft deleted