1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 9/16

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I know it's only the first month of the season, BUT ...

Is it out of the realm of possiblity that tOSU could play three "national championship" games this season?

No. 1 vs. No. 2 Texas
    No. 1 vs No. 2 Michigan ???
    No. 1 vs. No. 2 BCS title game qualifier to be named

I realize I'm getting way, way ahead of myself, but has any team played in two 1-2 games in a season let alone three?

Also, I know Troy Smith wasn't exactly Doug Flutie against Miami today but did he separate himself* a bit from Jesus Quinn?

*Quinn could still engineer one of the great comebacks in recent memory in the second half, in which case all bets are off.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Whitlock will probably have them ranked 94th in the country after this game :).

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Troy Smith is the best quarterback in the country. Period.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I think the winner of the LSU-Auburn game would have something to say about Michigan being ranked No. 2, Satch.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Michigan is choking the shit out of Notre Dame now.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Did that ESPN weiner actually say that this would be the signature win in Louisville's history? What about the win IN the hurricane against ... FSU? ... a few years ago?

Hey, this one's over.

7. Virginia just lost at home to Western Michigan.

Good lord, the ACC is still a basketball league.

8. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Sure, sure. I meant on down the road, possibly. Like when Michigan and OSU play. Maybe by then the Wolverines will be No. 2.

9. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

On the whole, pretty disappointing day so far.
    These 3 have been mostly uninteresting.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

They barely, barely beat Wyoming last week. Is Al Groh really that bad? Wow, what the hell happened there?

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Let's talk seriously now about pulling the ACC's BCS bid. It's the only one of the six conferences never to win a BCS game, has sent 4- or 5-loss teams to drubbings the last couple of years. They can't beat anyone of note out of conference. Somebody research that rule about the highest finisher in your conference ... the ACC might not be qualifying ... at any rate, it's pretty clear that the Big East is no longer only the sixth-best conference.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Groh sent Ahmad Brooks packing defensively ... not much else of note on that side.

Offensively, UVa's had no QB worth much since Matt Schaub. Wali Lundy's gone from the backfield, no D'Brickashaw to run behind. Big, big mess in Charlottesville. They might want to duck and cover come time for the grudge match with Virginia Tech.

Draft saved Draft deleted