1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 9/16

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 14, 2006.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Ohio State
    Auburn
    LSU
    Notre Dame
    Texas
    USC
    Louisville
    Florida
    Tennessee
    Oklahoma

When West Virginia ends it preseason, let me know.

2. I love my Mounties, but I'm not convinced they can outscore Louisville.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

:'( :'( :'(
    I have to work.

4. Bears00

Bears00 Member

Me too. I may catch parts of these on the radio, but none on TV. Best Saturday since 1993 and can't watch a damn minute.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I can watch some parts, but then it's off to do desk. Don't think I won't have the DVR busy all day, though.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Road game. Hopefully the press box has wireless going so I can at least keep the GameCast going.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Toledo-Kansas should be an interesting game on Friday, but Saturday's where it's at. Ton of games on television, and most of them are good.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And I only knew about that because I read his post. Just checked the TV, saw the game on ESPN2 tonight and made sure the DVR tapes it. Just presumed it would be a Saturday game.

Suddenly, I have an interest in college football tonight. :D

9. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

that was a sweet touchdown catch by the guy from toledo near the end of the first half.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, it wasn't. :mad:

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

How bad is Kansas? They didn't just get beat by Toledo, but they gave away the game, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory again, and again, and again, and again.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder there. Haven't watched the game yet, only overtime once I got home from work. I got it on DVR and will watch it tomorrow morning, just to see how bad it really was.

Guess Toledo didn't get a first down since the second quarter and still rallied to win -- even had a fourth and 15 from the 37 (not sure whose) that they converted for a touchdown. KU also lost on turnovers, 5-0.

Any way you look at it, the Jayhawks certainly didn't deserve to win this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted