1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 9/16

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Nah, you are just an Oklahoma fan boy.
    I just watched the replay again - taped on the ESPN Classic game of the week - and I will say this, it was tipped. But if you watch the overhead shot, the DB interferes, or holds or whatever you want to call it, before the pass is tipped. So, the ruling on the field stands: First down Oregon.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I want to know when Sportschick became a Boise State fan-girl loser?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It annoys the Griz fans.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

As much as I hate the Griz, I firmly believe they could beat BSU on their home turf, which thankfully is not blue.

5. sportschick

If Lex Hilliard was healthy this year, I'd probably agree, Anglola. But with him out, I don't see them competitive against any Top 25 I-A team, even at home.

But there is a reason BSU won't schedule Montana. The Griz have tried.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Boise State may be top 25 in the eyes of awful voters - a certain board member comes to mind - but in reality, any team that barely beats Wyoming is not deserving of a top 25 vote, let alone a top 25 ranking.

7. sportschick

BSU's 25th in both polls, so they're a Top 25 team, least in my eyes. I think they might be being overrated by a certain board member, but it doesn't bother me that they're ranked.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, and talk is cheap. What stakes do you wanna back up your assertion that Ohio will win with?

9. sportschick

I can't change my name anymore. How 'bout I change my side sig to say Dooley is a football God?

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

(must resist fun with the quote function)

OK.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

On a tipped ball, pass interference is waived off. But holding is holding whether the ball was tipped or not.

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Boise State -- three wins over BCS-conference teams ever, none outside of that house of mirrors they call a football stadium. Never before has a program which has done so little received so much attention. They would be woefully overmatched (especially physically) against most BCS conference teams.

Draft saved Draft deleted