1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 9/16

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Are you sure they were Pac-10 referees? Usually the away team brings referees from its league.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That was a complete Pac-10 crew.

3. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

damn micro, I was just writing a post about how Oklahoma recovered the kick anyways.

How could the announcers not have seen this, the disgustingly poor failure to overrule notwithstanding?

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I know. I'm such an idiot.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Pac-10 crew and Oregon superstar on the play by play. The excitement in Danny Boy's voice was cheeleader-like.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Might want to revise your guys' top 10 picks since Tennessee just lost.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Yeah. I got off deadline just in time to watch the end. Shitballs.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

1. OSU
    2. Auburn
    3. USC
    4. WVa.
    5. Michigan

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wow, what an ending to that Army-A&M game. Ballsy call at the end.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

ABC should have known better than to put Dan Fouts, a devout alum, on a game in Eugene. He was the first to say that the lack of a replay reversal for the onside kick was "terrible," but it didn't cover the green-and-gold fanboy web-footed looser.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Just watched the Louisville game on Tivo. To me, 31 points on Miami is way more impressive than the 60 or so they put up on Kentucky and Temple. Also, I loved how the Cardinals defense basically made Kyle Wright their bitch for most of the game.

Yes, it sucks that Brohm will be out 4 weeks, but he looks to be back by the time the Couchburners come to town. And even if he isn't, Hunter Cantwell is just as capable a replacement for Brohm as Kolby Smith and George Stripling are for Michael Bush.

I don't want to diminish the special talents that Brohm and Bush are, because they are indeed among the top five athletes to play football for U of L, but Bobby Petrino's system is one in which almost anyone can succeed. He's the Mike Shanahan of college ball.

Louisville, either with or without the Derby City Duo, is a Top 10 team.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Missouri again gets by in a game they should have won by four touchdowns. Should be 5-0 entering games at Texas Tech and at Texas A&M. The Tigers may actually have the defense to win at Tech (we usually beat em 63-42 at home) and A&M struggled to beat Army. If we don't get demoralized by the vs. Oklahoma/at Nebraska quinella, an 8-4 mark isn't out of the question.

Draft saved Draft deleted