1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2020 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Don't know about disappearing forever. The lesser bowls may die off for now, but when life returns to normal, new ones may sprout up to replace them.

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  4. tapintoamerica

5. tapintoamerica

We’re going to see a lot of positive tests in college football. Some of that will be explained because in the case of some schools, the entire cohort/team will be tested. The issue will be how often schools test and how well they handle isolation etc.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think this explains the situation a little bit:

Reed: What I thought was an innocuous quote from Mike...

I can appreciate Wilson's feelings and expression in the moment. I don't think Norvell was trying to do something tricky here.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think you're right. And it'll be a great case study, too.

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Norvell was trying to make himself look better and got checked. It wasn't as big a deal as former Clemson players calling Dabo out for being full of shit. I am curious, however, if it's a greater issue for Norvell that players might not respect him. Wilson is the most tenured player on the roster and basically the captain of the team and he called out the new head coach on a public forum. He is on his third coach at FSU and might just be done with the whole thing. I was surprised he came back for his senior season.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I guess. The only incorrect word in the answer - it wasn't a statement, it was an answer to a question - was the word "every." He did send the text to every one of them. He didn't go back and forth with all of them. Would have been hard to do that via text anyhow.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I thought I read someplace a while ago that some Chicago people wanted to put a bowl in Wrigley Field, and that there had also been speculation of a bowl game in Fenway. These would be much better than some of those Florida bowls that draw about 1000 people. Big Ten/MAC would be a great matchup for Chicago. Pinstripe Bowl has shown you can have a successful game in the North in the winter.

I also read the Quick Lane Bowl drew 34K last year. That's solid for a mid- to lower-level bowl game.

11. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

The key to the Quick Lane Bowl's attendance last year was that one of the teams was Eastern Michigan, which is less than an hour from Detroit, and draws heavily from the Detroit area for its students. Also, it was a pretty easy drive for Pitt fans.

12. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

And we can always talk about the level of lazy it is to send a fucking group text and in it suggest you're driving and too busy to talk right now.

A) Stop texting if you're driving dumbass
    B) If you aren't in a position to talk, don't send the message to start with.

Draft saved Draft deleted