1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2020 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bravo, sir.
    But you missed a chance to tie in another Big Ten program at the end by referencing Pat Fitzgerald.

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

2 likes if I could.

maumann and garrow like this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If this doesn’t show WHO takes the risks for the college $$ nothing will. “Go ahead and risk COVID dammit, who else is going to pay for my salary (and rent free home and golf memberships)!!”

Flip Wilson and maumann like this.
  5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

And the courtesy cars for me and the wife and the assistant coaches and AD and assistant ADs?

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Did some checking. Of the 14 people on the Big Ten's medical advisory committee, only three had ties to Athletics. Other leagues: Pac 12: 15 of 24 (62.5%, includes two committees); ACC and SEC 9 of 14 (64.3%); Big 12 doesn't appear to have a standing committee.
    Those with certification or considerable experience in epidemiology/infectious diseases:
    Big Ten: 5 of 14 (35.7)
    Pac 12: 8 of 24 (33.3%)
    ACC and SEC: 3 of 14 (21.4%.

Small sample sizes, of course, but some differences.

maumann likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The last DII holdout. Had a meeting last night with my DII officiating crew. We're not doing anything for 75 days after doing 2-3 meetings a week since March. Add in high school, and I've been in a huge funk for more than a week.

maumann likes this.
  9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that man.
    I fear it's hanging by a thread here.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Thanks. I'm pissed. I'm angry. I'm frustrated. I'm sad. But also a realist. I knew this was coming, But when it did, it drove a stake into me.

SFIND likes this.
  11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

For you refs on here ... just curious how far in advance, during normal seasons, you know your schedules/games to work.

I'm guessing by this point, quite a bit of the season is set, especially for college games.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They've got to know a while in advance for travel reasons. All I know is that in college hoops, the schools aren't notified of the officials until the morning of or the day before the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted