1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2020 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I agree. Navy still plays the wishbone though, and you never know what happens when your players are not used to seeing it.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'll believe that when I see it.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As to the "anywhere in the world" part, the Biker gather at Sturgis is still on for Aug. 7-16. They expect 250,000 people.

What a good idea.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No doubt. The two games Southern Miss lost were a road trip to Auburn and a home game against Jackson State. The latter would have been a sellout against an in-state SWAC team that travels pretty well. Those are a couple of big hits to the budget.
    I mostly thought it was interesting that, even at this stage, some schools are still planning to play a full 12-game schedule and at least a couple of the G5 conferences don't appear ready to follow the conference-only model.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's been buzz about that all day here in the Northwest.

That's a top-heavy conference which recently has had a few national semifinalists (or better) in football ... Eastern Washington, Montana, Weber State come to mind.

Don't see how there's going to be any type of FCS playoffs. Maybe the dominoes are starting to fall.

MileHigh likes this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. So much for Ed McCaffrey's debut as Northern Colorado coach against scandal-plagued Colorado State. Not that he can coach.

The D2 conference where I'm on the supplemental offiicals list -- RMAC -- pushed fall sports to the fall today. So no football for me until the first week of March -- at the earliest, a more than 15-month gap.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

COVID-19 just one of the many headliners at that event, also scheduled to appear: Herpes, Lice, and Hep C.

Baron Scicluna and maumann like this.
  10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I heard Mono and Strep are on the Sore Throat circuit, opening for Kiss.

Neutral Corner and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The comedic duo of Syph and Clap will open the show.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Air Force will be OK with the Commander in Chief Trophy games OOC, but wondering what the rest of the MW will do without the Big Sky to schedule. Lots of games against BYU and New Mexico State?

Looking at San Jose State's schedule, it's a disaster: at Central Michigan, cancelled. Hope opener vs. UC Davis, cancelled. Body bag game at Penn Sate, cancelled. Mid-November game vs. UConn, cancelled.

And has anyone figured out what Hawaii will do?

Draft saved Draft deleted