1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2020 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That may be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I really don’t think that’s happening.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Has Saint Dabo of the Upstate commented? The thing about all of these speculative stories that bugs me is that none of them has even said if they asked any of the schools for comment.

6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

May be the first Power 5 school to dial back previously announced plans to open as normal.

9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

Well, that didn't take long.

Texas A&M recruiting violation: Aggies, Jimbo Fisher penalized by NCAA

"The Texas A&M Aggies football program, namely head coach Jimbo Fisher, committed recruiting and countable athletic related activity violations between January 2018 and February 2019, the NCAA announced Thursday.

The agreement states that Fisher "failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance because of his personal involvement" regarding the recruiting violation, which involved Fisher and an assistant visiting a prospect at high school prior to the completion of his junior year.

As a result, Texas A&M will be on probation for one year, pay a $5,000 fine and a 10-day off-campus recruiting ban for the entire coaching staff for the fall 2020 period. Fisher was hit with a six-month show-cause penalty, which would end Jan. 1, 2021.

Under that show-cause, Fisher was banned from using phone, email or text to contact prospects for a nine-day period in January. The Aggies also reduced his off-campus recruiting days in December 2019 and January. He will also not be able to recruit in-person during the fall contact period. "

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I thought UCLA was in the same boat ... online only classes for fall semester. Not sure if they ever announced they would open as "normal."

Draft saved Draft deleted