1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2019 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I apologize for not being clear.

The NCAA doesn’t talk about programs and coaches to cold callers seeking job references, was my point.

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

This reminds me of an old editor who was telling me to cold call a SID about a coaching search. You do it to check a box and do it because you never know.

(This leads me to the interesting act of chasing no comments, but that’s another matter)

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Sun Bowl program takes a stab at not being a Sun Bowl program.

At least they didn’t hire Briles.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You're gonna get 7-5/8-4 out of Herm every year. Maybe a 6-6. Maybe a 9-3. That's the range. More Sun Bowls.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Why Do You Play 101 I'm Guessing?

I admit it - the cluster that was the ASU hiring situation - a former agent hiring a former client with the intent of keeping the two coordinators - who bolt less than a week later - turned out surprisingly well for the Sun Devils. Proof that "winning the press conference" should never be a factor in hiring an HC.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's what I call a very empty threat indeed.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Jimbo will win more at A&M than Taggart does at FSU. I actually would like to be wrong about that. Don’t care for Fisher. But this piece seems convenient in the wake of a terrible season in which Florida State’s offense was hideously managed. Seems a lot like the Will Muschamp line of argument at Florida. Will can’t head coach his way out of a paper bag.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted