1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 Week 7 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Never gonna happen. They bring in too much money.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If Louisville would have received the death penalty for this, there are a whole whole WHOLE bunch of schools that would have been very very nervous.
    I'm curious if some of the schools (Kansas, NC State, Louisville, etc, etc) that are in bed with Adidas are thinking about switching to the Swoosh or UA.......Eat the buyout money and move on.......Not saying that nothing shady goes on with the other brands.........

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In the ultimate instance of Pac-12 referees …

[​IMG]

Sources have told Yahoo Sports that third party is Pac-12 general counsel and senior vice president of business affairs Woodie Dixon.

Dixon oversees football for the conference but is not a formally trained official. Dixon telephoned in his opinion that the play wasn’t targeting, sources said. According to the report, his opinion overruled both the trained officials in the stadium replay booth and in the league’s command center.​

O RLY?

[​IMG]

Yahoo Sports exclusive: Document shows untrained 'third party' overruled controversial targeting call in Pac-12 game

So what the hell is going on here?

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That's not even close.
    Someone shouldn't have a job today.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yet this one *was* called targeting a couple years ago

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

His knee was down before the defender even comes into the picture. Disgusting.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Was working a game last night, and heard the Tech-TCU score was 7-3. I was thinking that was after the first possession. No. Halftime.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The Northwestern line is suspicious.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

It’s got me scared off, too. Doesn’t make any sense. I would take NW up to -10.

I don’t understand all of the sharps pushing Nebraska. They’re winless, only covered once at a disappointing Wisconsin team and on their second straight road game. This has 44-24 loss written all over it.

Got NW at -4 but just bought Nebraska back at -3.5 to even it out. Moving on to other games. Give me LSU, USC and Michigan.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I ended up going pretty hard on that one, so we'll see ...

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Q: Mr. Saban, last week your defense gave up 31 points. How were you able to look in the mirror after that disaster?

A: Character

Draft saved Draft deleted