1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 Week 3 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Pretty embarrassed at how Virginia Tech fans and the admin are handling this ECU thing. Perspective, people. Jeez.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Speaking of...from the fan base that brought you “Hiring a plane to fly over your rival’s bowl game making fun of their tribute to the victims of the mass shooting on your campus”:

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We're fairly certain that was a scheduled tweet that never got unscheduled. It was deleted immediately. Still, Pete Moris is an ass and it should have never been written in the first place.

I unfollowed the VT football twitter years ago because it's awful.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Cool. Playing such a despicable opponent anywhere is awful. Hope they never actually make it to Trump-Lynchburg.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I agree. I hate those fucking Wahoos.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

UVa scheduled to make the trip south in 2027 and 2029, but we know how fluid these long-term schedules are.

7. tapintoamerica

I think Robertson had some sort of speaking in tongues entreaty to the heavens today.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

Pretty sure Dr. Fedora and his Heels are relieved to be liberated from having to lose by three touchdowns to UCF this weekend.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Here's a phenomenal stat we just unearthed in the Batcave because ... well, because I was curious and bored and had a computer in front of me.
    Since the start of the 2009 college football season, the No. 1 team in the AP poll has lost 13 times. In 12 of those games, Alabama was either No. 1 or defeated No. 1.
    The only time -- and the last time -- Alabama was not involved was Nov. 17, 2012, when Stanford beat No. 1 Oregon 17-14.

10. tapintoamerica

Batman likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Going a step further with it, Alabama is 6-6 in those 12 games and on three occasions (2012, 2014 and 2017) has both defeated a No. 1 team and lost as a No. 1 team in the same season.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Snort. Good ol' SEC.

Draft saved Draft deleted