1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 Week 12 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 12, 2018.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Leach said he wasn't going to fuck around tonight....Wasn't lying...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

When did Pickett suddenly learn how to throw?

3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

After seeing what Iowa did to Illinois today I first wanted to check when was the last time the Hawkeyes threw up a 60 spot (2015 vs. North Texas) and then when was the last time they had a similar beatdown on a conference opponent (They beat Minnesota 55-0 in 2008 for the rights to Floyd of Rosedale).

Illinois is truly awful.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I know Central Florida isn't getting in, but I'd rather watch that team than some of the usual frauds (Ohio State, everyone in the Big 12).

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, after Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame and maybe Georgia and Michigan, there isn’t anyone in the country who is clearly better than UCF.

Still, it’s going to take them beating a power school (like an Ohio State or Oklahoma) on the road and then going undefeated to get in the playoff. Had Houston won out the year they beat Oklahoma, they’d have gotten in, but they fell apart down the stretch.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Governors of those two states would personally fire the schools' ADs if they ever scheduled UCF.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I know UCF-Alabama in one semifinal wouldn’t do the numbers that Michigan-Alabama would get, but am I wrong to suggest the curiosity factor would help UCF from being a total ratings killer?
    (I also know this is not happening under any circumstances.)
    The other interesting thing is the committee isn’t going to put UCF anywhere near the fourth spot.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't know if the assumption Michigan (which it won't be, because they're losing to Ohio St.) or any other usual suspect would get higher ratings than UCF in a playoff game is valid. Curiosity is a thing, and so is the David-Goliath storyline.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Oklahoma’s stonewall defense was able to hold Kansas to 40 points.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He always knew. What he didn’t always have was blocking up front and capable receivers. I realize the Coastal division is trash but the truth is this Pitt team has gotten a little bit better each week.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Oh, I will be too.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

No team that goes 7-1 in Power 5 league play is trash. They’re not a great team, but I won’t be shocked if they’re within 10 points entering the fourth quarter of the ACC title game.

Draft saved Draft deleted