1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 Week 11 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 5, 2018.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

My seats are near the tunnel so the USC bench is a long way away and I can't really see all that is going on down there. The USC sideline has always been a clusterfuck since Pete Carroll. They did crack down on the number of sideline passes, but there are still a bunch of associate junior assistant coaches, waterboys, watergirls, assistant to the assistant trainer's assistant, backup clipboard holder, etc. Most should have pompoms since all they do it cheer and jump around.

I didn't think Daniels did anything wrong on the safety. The exception might be his lack of mobility prevented him from recovering the ball right away. The ball landed around the 9, but he kinda shuffled it into the end zone. He knocked it toward Ced Ware, who tried to get it out of the end zone but got gang tackled.
    The culprit is center Toa Lobendahn, who has had trouble hiking his whole career. Helton said there were 73 perfect snaps and one bad one. Uh, no way, Coach. I don't consider it a perfect snap when the QB has to grab it at his ankles, or reach to the right or left to flag it down, or have to hop. If he has to use his concentration just to catch the hike, it distracts him from looking down field to see what the coverage is doing, or wrecks the timing on option plays.
    Marshall should face punishment for his unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. The funny thing was, the ref announced that it was his second of the game and, thus, he was ejected. After a video review, they came back and announced that the previous one had been on Amon-Ra St. Brown, the righteous kid from Mater Dei. Both wear No. 8.

Draft saved Draft deleted