1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 Week 11 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 5, 2018.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Bobby Petrino out at Louisville.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Petrino No Longer Riding Solo

What a great thread, including the debut of Freq.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Not fast enough to stop me from winning with Syracuse minus-20.5 on Friday, though.

Batman and Vombatus like this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I didn't touch either of those games, but had a pretty bad day.
    Took Oregon plus the 3 1/2 at Utah, which was without its starting QB and leading rusher. Loss.
    Took San Diego State minus-23 at home against a bad UNLV team. They blew an 11-point lead in the second half and lost outright.
    Took North Texas minus-14 at Old Dominion. They blew a 21-point lead and lost outright.
    Only Utah State won, but it was part of a parlay with those other three so it didn't matter.

And now I'm watching Matt Barkley turn into Jim Fuckin' Kelly against the Jets, so it looks like it's going to be an entirely lost weekend.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So were Paul Hackett, Lane Kiffen (at the time) and Steve Sarkisian. It's a recent Trojan tradition.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Even Pete Carroll at his hiring was somewhat a dubious choice. He turned out okay. I do think the school and the market makes it kind of tough to have a Saban/Meyer type. Those coaches are used to being the biggest show in town and don't spend time kowtowing to boosters.
    You look at their hires throughout history and they've repeatedly elevated assistants or hired former assistants. Larry Smith and Pete Carroll being the only exceptions in the last almost 100 years since Howard Jones.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Used this exact phrase in a text to @westcoastvol yesterday. Pruitt is slowly bringing normalcy back to The Hill.

8. DanOregon

Don't look at next week's sked if you have a weak stomach. The only two games of note are Syracuse-ND and I State at Texas.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We can all watch The Game. Harvard-Yale at Fenway Park.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Big Game is Saturday too. Then the Bears play Colorado and Stanford plays UCLA, instead of the traditional end-of-the-regular season rivalry game.

11. DanOregon

I'm actually okay with it - playing it the weekend before Thanksgiving is tradition. Figure both stadiums will be empty Thanksgiving weekend though.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You guys didn't even discuss all the shitshow that was USC on Saturday night.

The DB who shoved Daniels on the sideline after the safety. What the fuck? Nobody really did anything. An injured player kinda joked around with him. An assistant talked to him, and the kid gave him the textbook body language definition of "Fuck You".

The Marshall flag was just... just... incredible. Just gave the game to Cal.

Good lord, what a freaking disaster.

Draft saved Draft deleted