1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 Week 11 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 5, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm gonna laugh hard if one of the reasons Baylor decides to deep six Matt Ruhle is his inability to control his players.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I adore it when a football player punches another player
    "THEY'RE WEARING HELMETS YOU IDIOT!"

expendable and Batman like this.
  3. DanOregon

It's going to be an interesting off-season. I can see a dozen top-tier teams dumping their coaches after disappointing seasons - the thing is, so many teams have had disappointing seasons - and there aren't a whole lot of "hot coach-type" guys out there that would be a real big get.

4. DanOregon

Cal hasn't won at USC this century. They're up one late in the third. And they've lost 13-straight to USC.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Matt Rhule ain't going anywhere. He's taken Baylor from trash fire to the verge of bowl eligible in two years.

6. DanOregon

Man - wouldn't want to be that Trojan who got nailed with an Unsportsmanlike Conduct and gave Cal a first down. Roll on you Bears!

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Tales from the FCS: Davidson rushed for an NCAA Division I record -- FCS or FBS -- 789 yards and lost 56-52 to San Diego.

Davidson rushes for record 789 yards in loss

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Iman "Biggie" Marshall, a senior cornerback.
    Also, the center who hasn't learned to hike going back to when Cody Kessler was QB, is Toa Lobendahn, a fifth-year senior. His snaps have been bad all season. He launched one over JT Daniels' head that gave Cal a safety ... in a one-point game.

I follow three teams: Angels, Ducks, Trojans. One already fired their manager. Another is about to fire their coach. The third will probably fire their coach. Fun seasons.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I’m not sure what USC folks were thinking when they gave Helton the full-time job. He was, and is, spectacularly unqualified to be a Power 5 head coach.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And his younger brother sucks as OC at Tennessee (yesterday's world's-back-on-its-axis victory notwithstanding).

TigerVols likes this.
  11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I went against LSU and Kentucky this week as I subscribe to the theory that playing Alabama and Georgia beats you the following week as well.

12. DanOregon

Allowing Haden to make the hire on his way out the door, two days after a win over UCLA, because the seniors heading out the door wanted Haden to lift the interim tag - was just dumb.
    But to be fair - Helton is coming off back to back 10 win seasons and they won the conference last year. They will always be a factor in the conference - wouldn't be surprised if they somehow beat ND - but they have been clowned in national games against Bama and ND in recent years and underperformed give their recruiting.

Draft saved Draft deleted