1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 Week 10 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 29, 2018.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So much for the Game of the Century and the importance of the Death Valley Night Game Crowd.
    Alabama is an all-time great team. Barring a remarkable gag or a thorough conspiracy and game-fixing scheme in the SEC title game, ESPN dream of two SEC teams in the playoff is dead.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Who on earth called a game with a 14.5 point spread a the game of the century?

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I think the WWL would gladly settle for Michigan and Notre Dame in the final four

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, ESPN just dreams about a regional championship game between two bordering southern states whose teams played only a month earlier.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Name two teams I want to see crash and burn.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Cross thread hot take...

If you had an NFL team with nothing but Alabama alumni, what would that team look like? Would they be a viable NFL team?

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’d call them a legit playoff team with a chance at a SB, with QB being their weakest link.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Fair warning, this post features UAB.

Here's one you won't see often. A redshirt freshman backup QB in his first start has the highest QBR of the day. Three passing TDs, one rushing TD, 249 yards passing (one int) and 62 yards rushing.

To be fair, UAB pummeled UTSA 52-3. The backup in question, Tyler Johnston, was 34-0 as a starting QB in Alabama 5A, including two championships and a 5A Mr. Football. Decent backup.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think they'd call themselves the Washington Redskins. Half their defense seems like it's Alabama guys.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

According to ESPN there are 48 active Tiders in the league, so it is theoretically possible. But I agree, not much at QB (AJ McCarron is the only active one.)

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I normally loathe Notre Dame, but I’m pulling for them this time to rob a P5 of a CFP slot. A G5 grabbing another and the SEC taking the other 2 is my picture of nirvana.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That would be pretty much perfect. Bonus if the G5 is UCF at this point. They got too big for their britches, maybe, but the pushback is over the top.

I root for chaos at playoff time.

Draft saved Draft deleted