1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 championship week thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My post was a perfect example. They'll get ratings because I'll have it on in the background while working around the house or playing a game of Madden, but I'm not intently watching.

There are a few bowls now that have escaped the ESPN umbrella. CBS has the Sun, CBSSN has the Cure and Arizona bowls. Fox gets the Redbox (Santa Clara) and Holiday (FS1) and has the Cotton on years where it's not a playoff bowl.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Especially playing the over.

playthrough likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That and the extra practices, allowing teams to start drilling the guys on next year's team as first teamers.

*edit* Bah, BTE beat me to it, lol.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Actually heard the SEC commish argue that an extra layer of playoffs that took the place of conference games would interrupt finals schedules. It never seems to be a problem for March Madness. Or college baseball.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They'll use every excuse in the book to protect the bowls. The finals excuse is the bullshittiest of them all.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Never seems to bother FCS or D2 and D3 teams either. Hmmmm.

7. DanOregon

I'm guessing his concern is finals distracting student-athletes from what's really important - football.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Heaven forbid they jeopardize the chance to earn that "SEC graduate" patch on their jersey.

9. DanOregon

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The only interesting thing about the Pac 12 title game is how Fox is avoiding any camera angles that indicate the size of the crowd or lack thereof. (At least while I've been watching this scoreless drivel.)

12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

They get a lot of practice avoiding the empty grandstands during their half of the NASCAR season.

Draft saved Draft deleted