1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 championship week thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 26, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

looks like a typo. the line I saw was 2.5.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

ESPN has it listed at 2 points. Vegas Insider (which I can't get at right now because of the content filters at work) had it at 24 last night. So maybe it was a mistake. I wonder if some people jumped on it early enough to take advantage of it.
    I'm heading to the local sports book at lunch to cash in some winners from the weekend, and if it's 24 I'm laying a shitload of money on it.

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Being Cal-Stanford, the line should be 3.141592653589 ... followed by a trombonist.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just got back. It's 2 points. I kept my shitload of money in my pocket.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm on Vegas Insider right now, and it's still at -24

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have done extremely well about being quiet about my Blazers. They are going to play for a conference championship in their second year back from the dead, and that's a great story.

We were 9-1 going into aTm, and lost. Starting QB was/is hurt. Third string center starting. Best DL and CB out. It could have been a game but massive special teams collapse and penalties just killed them. This was a body bag game for money, we weren't supposed to compete. There was maybe 15-20% chance to win, but that required playing clean, no turnovers, no dumb penalties, solid special teams and overall game. Did none of that and got crushed. Happens.

MTSU dominated them last weekend, with home field for the championship at stake. Down to one starting OL. Second string QB. All-conference RB got one play, hurt or sick, not sure.. Coaches were running a vanilla playbook and resting everyone they could, trying to get healthy for the game this weekend. There were about 20 guys sick or out, including seven starters. I'm hoping that we get enough bodies back to turn it around this weekend.

What the hell, this year is a high water mark for the program even if UAB loses. Playing for championships is new ground here.

FileNotFound and TigerVols like this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It really is.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Georgia, Pitt or Northwestern, which is most likely to cover ?

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

See, I think they bludgeon Northwestern like the old days when someone painted "Northwestern 0" underneath the Interstate 94 road sign.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That could happen too, but I like Fitzgerald's teams getting points. Took 'em to the window a couple weeks ago at Iowa.

Hermes likes this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's going to depend on which Pitt team Pat Narduzzi decides to bring to Charlotte.

If he's coming with the team that played with house money and got creative against Miami last year and Clemson in 2016 I think they can at least make it competitive for a half or so.

If he's going to line up and try and play Big 10, "This what we do" Man Ball like he's tried in several instances, with no wrinkles or adjustments, well, at least it's supposed to be a nice day Saturday and I won't be cold.

Draft saved Draft deleted