1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2017 Week 3 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good Heavens.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There are few groups dumber than the Walmart bammers.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The thread's still there:

Tua- Language Barrier

A couple of the comments are clever:

Bro, you didn't know we hired three Hawaiian translators? That's what sparked the NCAA's inquiry into Division 1 staff sizes.

---

I really shouldn't post this because I don't want to give any plays away and I don't want to hurt our team in any way but what the heck. When Tua comes in the game a completely different set of flash cards are used to simplify plays for him. ... I'll share a few:

3 coconuts stand for Rpo(run,pass,option)

Shaka or hand with thumb and pinky pointed outward is only used to motion to his receivers and team to hang loose (only used killing clock).

A Bird symbol is used for throwing or passing the ball.

I think the staff has done a nice job of simplifying things for him.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

An Iowa version full of nothing but offensive line drills and Kirk Ferentz going to the bank to deposit his paychecks would be compelling stuff.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

These "inside" productions are interesting, but I think every team in every conference with a cable network has done them by now. See! They really do go to class! See! The head coaches actually coach! See! How tough it is when a player gets hurt. And the coaches still care!

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're mostly garbage. The SEC Network does one with a different team every week. They make you think it's going to be "Hard Knocks," but other than the occasional funny one-liner by a coach on the practice field, it's almost entirely rah-rah bullshit.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

They're only interesting to me because they're an insight into what the coaches, administrators and NCAA have deluded themselves into believing college athletics are.

It just takes the ability to edit out all the parts they don't like and it's a glorious thing!

10. DanOregon

I can see the next "thing" being Monday Morning Tailgating where Mike Rowe narrates as three different tailgaters plan and execute their Saturday soirees.

"But Jimmy Bob is running low on propane and he doesn't know if he's have enough to finish the ribs....."
    "Coming up...."Ah (bleep) - Lulu's tater salad spilled onto my dry rub..."

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

As a high school teacher and coach, sadly this is probably not "trolling". I had a kid swear to me that Alaska and Hawaii were beside each other because "that's how the maps in the book look".

12. DanOregon

If you're an Alabama football fan, you've seen the team play just two games outside of the Confederacy since 2010 (at Penn State and Glendale) and even half of Arizona was claimed by the Rebs - so yeah I can understand why Hawaii seems like such a far off place.

Chef2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted