1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2017 Week 3 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 11, 2017.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Last weekend was fun - if only because there were some interesting teams playing in some interesting places. Ole Miss at Berkeley. Wisconsin at BYU. UCLA at Memphis. I wish bowl games had such interesting match-ups.

poindexter likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Eliminate bowl tie-ins for conference runners up. (I'd say eliminate them all, but then the Rose Bowl people would soil themselves.)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think bowls have gotten smarter by throwing in "non-repeat" clauses, but I still don't think you need four ACC-SEC match-ups, two SEC-Big 10 games (played on the same day and at the same time in the same state no less). I don't know why there isn't a Pac-12/SEC bowl game - the only two P5 conferences that don't play each other in a bowl game.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The SEC announced next year's conference schedule today. Not too many major adjustments that I noticed, except one -- Ole Miss at LSU is on Sept. 29. It'll be the first time since 1940 that they play in September, and only the fourth time ever in a series that started in 1894. The other three were all in one stretch from 1938-40. The game is usually in either late October or the second week in November.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss and LSU are all off the weekend before Halloween. There's about to be a shit-ton of fall weddings booked.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted