1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2017 Week 3 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 11, 2017.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So what?

Unless one of them is in the top six, nobody cares.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There is the lesser issue of the best group of five team. Determining that team may be more complicated if some opponents have played 12 and others 11, etc. Not a big deal.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Or not. IU-FIU cancelled. Will have to look for a replacement.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What are the financial terms in these cases? The visitor needs the cash to make budget. Do they get paid anyway?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This really works:

Chef2 and dixiehack like this.
  6. dixiehack

Cal (+3.5) vs Ole Miss

7. dixiehack

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Hermes and Johnny Dangerously like this.
  9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

My Cougs are hosting Oregon State on Saturday. I usually root for the Beavs, unless they play WAZZU. Based on how last season ended, I think a lot of people were expecting OSU to have a decent season, as in at least four wins and maybe a bowl game. At this point, I don't know if they'll win another game this year. They came from behind to beat Portland State in the final minute, and got killed by Colorado State and Minnesota (!!!), the latter at home.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The troubling thing about OSU's season is that Andersen seems genuinely surprised by it. He doesn't strike me as someone who is surprised by much. Maybe pleasantly, but he seems more of a glass-half-empty - there is always room for improvement type, but I think he thought this team had potentially seven wins in it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Minnesota doesn't suck. They're not great but they'll probably go 7-5 and make some minor bowl game.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted