1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2016 Week 8 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 17, 2016.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What's on the other side, a silo?

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

There's also a lot of construction on that side as the new children's hospital is going up.

Soon it will be full of kids battling life threatening diseases watching their precious hours wilt away as their heroes play weak non-conference opponents.

dixiehack, HanSenSE and I Should Coco like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is there anything dumber than a team (cough, cough, N.C. St.) that doesn't want to watch the film after a tough loss? In what other field of activity is declining to learn from your mistakes considered sound strategy?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How do you know all the sick kids are North Dakota State fans?

5. exmediahack

TV news.

We never watch our dumpster fire shows. We know they happened. We usually know why.

(Football is a bit more complex, I admit.)

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Texas down 21-7 at half at KSU. I'm sure there are big money UT boosters secretly meeting in Manhattan right now saying "What the fuck is this?"

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I recorded Hawaii 5-0 and Blue Bloods for future viewing and settled in with Oregon-Cal.
    At halftime, the game hadn't grabbed me so I figured I'd watch Hawaii 5-0 then catch the end of Ducks-Bears. So I did, skipping the commercials. About 45-50 minutes later, the show ends so I go back to football. There's still more than 3 minutes left ... in the third quarter.
    Hell with that.
    I queued up Blue Bloods and watched that. It's well after 11 p.m. when that show ends and I go back to football. There is still more than 5 minutes left in the fourth. Then OT.
    And I watched that for nearly another hour, the game ending after midnight.
    Nice scheduling, Pac-12. What was the elapsed time of that game, nearly 5 hours?
    Oh, and I have Cal at USC next THURSDAY, 7:30 PDT start. I'll probably get home around 2 a.m.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You're not going to wiz through a game like that which had 203 combined snaps in a crisp 2:40......no........a game like that, just plan on 4 1/2 hours.

9. exmediahack

Mine clicked off at 42-42. I was in a hurry last night so I didn't extend an extra hour. Ugh.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'm a bad person because I laughed at this.

And it's true, Kinnick Stadium is now surrounded by UI Hospital and Clinic buildings. Waaaaay back in my Iowa City days, there was an intramural sports field about a block SE of Kinnick, which on game day became primo student tailgating territory. I think an eye surgery building is there now.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Not checking other replies. Someone probably beat me to mentioning these but:
    Saban
    Smith
    Harbaugh

are the obvious ones. Feel like I should be able to get the other 2 but didn't come to me right away...

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Ooo, Riley at Nebraska used to be in SD, right? So that's 4...

Draft saved Draft deleted