1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2016 Week 8 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 17, 2016.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

You know the cliche "both teams deserved to win"? Well, both teams deserved to lose:

Boise State: Five turnovers.
    BYU: Blocked field goal and that unexplainable fake punt failure.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Which play was more ill-conceived: BYU fake punt attempt from its own goal line or this
    [​IMG]

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ducks are leaving no dick unstepped upon. Ugly

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Hard to tell what's worse: the discipline of the two teams or Bellotti in the booth.

6. dixiehack

Oregon ties it at 42, 3:15 left in regulation. I'm already guaranteed to get not enough sleep, may as well see it through

7. dixiehack

In years past I've been in favor of reducing timeouts in overtime for football and basketball. After pondering it again just now, I think we should eliminate them altogether. I mean, everybody got all the sportsball they were promised. Now we're just trying to wrap up and go to bed. I'm very sorry if you're tired, but that's the crack in the deadlock we need to get this resolved.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And if you took the over, you were rewarded. Cal 52-49 in second OT.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Ugly game but I thought Bellotti was good. I was surprised that he specifically called out Oregon for a lack of discipline, which was self-evident but not something I expected to hear from a former Oregon coach. He also did a good job of pointing out how Oregon was playing a simple, base defense and was giving up to many short pass plays. He also does a good job of describing what happened on a play.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. dixiehack

I guess I'm just used to college stadiums that build up instead of out, but it looks weird seeing a water tower looming over Iowa's field.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Flipped by Louisville-N.C. State and the trivia question was other than Bobby Petrino, there are five former NFL head coaches that are now head coaches in FBS.

I got two of the top of my head and found another.

Draft saved Draft deleted