1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2016 Week 8 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The timing is almost certainly a coincidence, but earlier this week, Craig Littlepage (UVA's AD, named in the suit) announced he was taking a leave of absence to attend to family issues.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Regarding the people named in the suit, I'm told Mendenhall wasn't named because it's a Title IX suit. So they just go after administration and anyone witness to the hazing/abuse who didn't report it.

My guess on the incident is that it was slap boxing that devolved into an actual fight. This is going to be a mess.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Webb in for Oregon @ Cal:
    O/U now up to 87.5.......take the over.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Couldn't limit myself to three.

Minnesota (-19) vs Rutgers
    Syracuse (+4.5) at BC
    Colorado (+2) at Stanford
    Utah (+7) at UCLA
    Marshall (-12.5) vs Charlotte
    Arkansas (+10) at Auburn
    Kentucky (+3) vs Miss. St.
    Oklahoma (-13.5) at Texas Tech
    Ole Miss (+6.5) at LSU

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Apparently, you couldn't limit yourself to eight, either!
    Tech covers though.
    :)

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It is much funnier if you are a local. Several inside jokes in there, from the attorney (Alexander Shunnarah dominates the local airwaves and billboards. He'll settle your case for you real quick for 40%.) to the melody of the jingle at the end.

7. dixiehack

And by dominates billboards you mean one out of every two statewide (not counting the Florida Panhandle, where he isn't even licensed).

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Ah. Michigan has the Sam Bernstein Law Firm - the youngest Bernstein is now on the Board of Regents at U of M despite my direct appeal to them saying I'd give him my vote (U of M Board of Regents is a statewide election) if he'd just make the ads stop. They sponsor the studio Fox Sports Detroit does all of its pre- and post-game in. Now that I live in Minnesota, I almost miss the bastards.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

He is everywhere in Mississippi too, and he's not licensed to practice there either. And by everywhere, I mean Ev. Ree. Where.

10. dixiehack

If I could have found his account when I sold advertising for the Yellow Pages, I'd be posting this from my yacht moored off Ono Island.

11. dixiehack

Intimidating mascot sound effects, ranked

1. Jungle cat
    2. Wolf
    99. Elephant
    999. Turkey

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Is the turkey still the mascot? Judging by how much they show it, I assumed they switched from the turkey to Bud Foster's volunteer fireman face.

Draft saved Draft deleted