1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2016 Week 6 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 3, 2016.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We ALL know why Florida is dodging a re-scheduding.

[​IMG]

COACH O, MOTHERFUCKERS

UPChip, Batman and LongTimeListener like this.
  2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

First of all, Alleva is an idiot and he'll be fired after they get a head coach and ask his approval on who the new AD will be.
    Second, LSU won't have a choice if Tennessee loses to Texas A&M and Alabama and Florida wins out against Missouri, Georgia, Arkansas and South Carolina. You simply can't have as team that is 6-1 winning the East when a team that is 6-2 (Vols) beat the 6-1 team head to head. Tennessee officials will be screaming bloody murder that the game has to be played and they'll be right.
    Plus, Jeremy Foley said in a news conference that Florida didn't offer LSU anything. Just pointed out the mutual date against cupcakes.
    PS: Five minutes before the SEC made the announcement, did anyone notice McMurphy tweeted that he had multiple sources that said the game would be played at 3:30 p.m. in Tallahassee?

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, yes, I agree with that.

But, in order to absolutely get a game in, they could have done stuff. Easily.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

and if it was about a game, they would. But no one is giving up the ticket, concessions, parking or souvenir money.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No I'm not. You think there's cops at every damn JV game in a city?

Look: Some of this has to do with what I think of what cops should and shouldn't be doing. It's not a football thing. It's a cop thing.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If they never play the game at all, then they will have given up all but the tickets.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Just who do you think should be in charge of public safety at events with 15,000-120,000 people in attendance? Volunteers?

dixiehack likes this.
  8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Yeah, they can't barely edge out another win AND orchestrate their own security!

Ba - dum - tis!

SpeedTchr likes this.
  9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Cops at HS games are there for more than just window dressing, especially if it's a big game between two rivals. The possibility of violence at these games is, unfortunately, a very real part of life in HS football. And even without that threat, crowd control at any large gathering is major part of policing in any decent-sized city.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Don't know a ton about this situation...but cursory reading sure makes it sound like Florida is trying for the loophole possibility of going 6-1 while Tennessee goes 6-2

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

As a fan of college football chaos, and as a fan of the team that was Hail Mary-ed into hiding last week, I want this to happen very badly.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In a couple of different stories I have seen mention of the SEC having insurance to make schools whole for lost revenues from a cancelled game. The strong implication was that there would be no payout for a game that got moved on short notice.

Draft saved Draft deleted