1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2016 Week 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 19, 2016.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it out yet, but ESPN3 has begun streaming halftime shows this year, at least for SEC games.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Excellent! I will check it out.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Definitely for our son as well. Two hours and done.

The four-hour college games would be dreadful to attend. At least at home, I always flip channels on the commercial to another college football game and come back two minutes later.

Networks won't demand changes. CFB is one of the few entities in live sports with a growing audience. .

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Anyone else feeling squirrely about Clemson at Georgia Tech? The Jackets have a history of being the stinger in the paw of the Tigers (10 out of 10 on mascot references), and somehow Clemson hasn't won in Atlanta since 2003. I had to double check that one because it sounded wrong.

Further, Clemson has looked suspect against actual teams, and Georgia Tech's offense, when limiting turnovers, can annoy the beejesus out of you.

Yet I just can't pull the upset trigger.

5. dixiehack

Temple (-27.5) vs Charlotte
    La. Tech (+5.5) at MTSU
    Memphis (-16.5) vs Bowling Green

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Attended the Washington St. opener, and yes, the commercial breaks are numerous and brutal. Especially because every second of those breaks must be filled with LOUD AS POSSIBLE MUSIC or inane promotions for non-revenue WSU sports. At one point, I noticed Leach having to shout into QB Luke Falk's earhole during a TV timeout, because it's that loud during breaks.

But as you say ... the Pac-12 network helped Washington State build its $61 million football complex a couple years ago, and the money the network pays the league and its schools comes from all those ads.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I feel squirrely about it ... Then again I went to Clemson and I have a bunch of Ga. Tech alum friends ...

TyWebb likes this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The game has 11 minutes of action. Why on earth would "close, exciting 11 minutes with lots of wide-open play" make 3 hours and 48 minutes of inaction acceptable?

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I will be going to the Texas Tech-KState game on October 8th in Manhattan.

You talk about a game that's going to last 3hrs and 45 minutes, but when Tech has the ball, they move so quickly, it doesn't seem like it takes that long. Now, on the other side, when Kansas State has it, each drive takes 8 plays and ends with a punt. Tech defense is filled with more holes than a Nevada brothel, yet Kansas State still won't touch 30.

I'm thinking 49-24.....something like that.

exmediahack likes this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

FS1 special next Thursday night..........Kansas @ Texas Tech.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Utah up to -3 vs. USC. I don't think that line can get high enough.

12. dixiehack

No way I'd touch that after last year. Something shady went down.

exmediahack and Chef2 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted