1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2016 Week 3 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 12, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sounds like "that coach" we've all encountered on the prep beat who didn't want to divulge any information for fear it would tip his hand.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Always slightly amused when SEC schools break out throwback uniforms to harkin back to an era where minorities couldn't enroll or play.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

As opposed to the throwbacks the NFL uses. The Steelers' hideous bumblebee unis honor the 1934 team, a season with zero blacks in the NFL (and a period that lasted from 1933-46).

Redskins signed their first black in 1962, a whopping three years before the SEC signed its first black. Their owner famously once said, "We'll start signing Negroes when the Harlem Globetrotters start signing whites."

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    exmediahack likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Owner George Marshall only did it because feds made it clear team wouldn't be allowed to play in then-new RFK Stadium (forget its original name) if he didn't.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think it was just "D.C. Stadium" until it was re-named.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You're right. Thanks for jogging my memory.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

East Carolina (+4) at South Carolina
    Memphis (-20.5) vs Kansas
    Georgia (-7) at Missouri

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'd love to argue against everyone picking Georgia, but that seems like the smart play.

The Mizzou QB threw for five TDs against Eastern Michigan. That matched his total for the previous 13 games of his career. Thinking that had more to do with EMU than with some sudden awakening.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

But those are actually kind of cool, especially the jerseys.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Love the ECU pick. Still kicking myself for not betting them on the moneyline last week. They're probably going to beat NC State, South Carolina, and Virginia Tech this year.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I'm picking Georgia (shocker!), but I am concerned about how the O-line holds up after getting throughly whipped by a glorified high school team. Georgia's secondary should be up to the challenge of slowing down Mizzou's offense, but I have little faith that the line will open up enough holes for Chubb to do his thing. Could easily be a 17-14 or 24-21 type of win.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Well this is interesting.

The benefits were $3,500 to receiver Devon Cajuste, who is now on the Packers' practice squad.

So it's official. NOBODY is following these rules.

Draft saved Draft deleted