1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2016 Week 2 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 6, 2016.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

CMU being a MAC school, it's not going to matter even if they did win out (which they won't -- Western Mich., N. Illinois and Toledo were picked ahead of the Chips in the MAC West rankings). And in the end, if this costs the 'Pokes a shot at the playoff, well, maybe I'll feel bad, but I bet in December all it means is the difference between the Russell Athletic Bowl and the Texas Bowl.

I'm sorry I can't feel bad for my alma mater, a low-profile Directional Michigan MAC school, being the story of the American sports world for the weekend (ill-begotten or not).

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I thought he said yesterday he wasn't going to talk about the CMU game anymore so they could focus on whoever the hell it is they play next Saturday? I've had several New Year's resolutions that lasted longer than this one.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Jobs I would hate to have:

1. A newspaper beat covering recruiting. Having to deal with a bunch of over-egoed 18-year-olds would be just horrible.
    2. Football SID at OKState. Having to deal with that coach every day would be just horrible.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted