1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 26, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Don't see one yet. Apologies if I'm missing it.

However ... Mizzou QB Maty Mauk suspended for the third time in four months, after a video shows up of what looks like him doing cocaine.

Mizzou suspends QB Maty Mauk again after video surfaces

He is Johnny Manziel on every day but Saturday. Fun times for new coach Barry Odom, who raised some eyebrows by removing Mauk's suspension in December.

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Everyone saying now that the video is a couple of years old, and it seems plausible with his haircut in the video apparently (I haven't seen the video) looking like it did in the past and nothing like it looks now.

I can't see how he stays at Mizzou for next season. Maybe he drops a level and gets closer to his ailing father, playing for the former Mizzou defensive coordinator at Missouri State?

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nobody's going to touch Mauk with a 10-foot pole; he's no Dorial Green-Beckham, talent-wise.

4. LongTimeListener

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. LongTimeListener

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

YAW YAW YAW YAW
    YAAAAAAW YAWWWWW
    YAAAAAAW YAAAAAAAW
    SANCTIONS

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

My friend told me an awesome story about Manziel in whatever the heck bowl it was a few years ago vs. Duke. He is friends with a coordinator on A&M and said that Manziel at halftime chugged Jack and went in bathroom stall for a while - says he was doing blow. Comes back out and says he doesn't want to play anymore. They basically said no choice can't sit this guy, fricking Heisman Trophy winner. Manziel comes out and rips it up. That is crazy and I still am not sure if I believe him despite him swearing it's true.

11. LongTimeListener

Forget UAB ... it is on at Wichita State! Mysterious tweet from president of a school that dropped football in 1986:

studthug12 likes this.
  12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Here we go again ...

Jan. 29:

And today:

13 allegations involve the football program, and nine of those occurred during current coach Hugh Freeze's tenure.

Draft saved Draft deleted