1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think that's the biggest thing Leach teaches......even though they want to play as fast as you can......they seem to slow down and put everything into slow motion when they get the snap.

2. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Forecast calls for 80 percent chance of rain. How does the Air Raid do in wet weather?

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Not as bad as you would think.
    For as much as you throw it in the Air Raid, not many times is it longer than 20-25 yards downfield in the air. It's all predicated on getting guys in open space and having athletes making plays.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Interesting twists and turns at Central Florida.

Head coach resigns. Coach-in-waiting has a clause that says the school pays him $700,000 if he doesn't get the job. The check is in the mail.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Surprised about Mangino, but I think Rhodes was looking over his shoulder at a guy a lot of fans thought maybe would be a better head coach.

Christiansen is the O-line coach at A&M, so I'd think Mizzou would have a shot at getting him back with an offer to be a coordinator again.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

When does Clemson choke?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

LSU quarterback Brandon Harris and Malachi Dupre called out by Les Miles for breaking into a car over the weekend.
    It was submerged in floodwaters, and they went in to retrieve insulin for a woman's diabetic son.
    These two, Leonard Fournette, Travin Dural helping a woman involved in a wreck back in the summer ... who do these people think they are, giving college athletes a good name?

Les Miles praises Brandon Harris, Malachi Dupre for helping stranded motorists on Sunday: 'There's a lot of real quality people on this team'

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Nice story.

However, after Josh Shaw and Laremy Tunsil, I've become skeptical of "hero athlete" stories.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

When do they play FSU?

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As the Buffalo prevent defense kills a 5-team parlay. Had Patriots, UNC, TCU and Western Michigan ATS... and Buffalo -8.

Bastards.

Had that ticket already spent in my head.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Welp, Pitt's better but not good, which is what we all expected. Not even the biggest of homers thought this was a top 25 team.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Will be rooting hard for the Owls. If they beat ND, do they win out?

Draft saved Draft deleted