1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The most interesting games and lines for Week 9. All times Eastern and all point spreads from ESPN's college football odds page:

Thursday

North Carolina (-3) at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m., ESPN

West Virginia (+14) at TCU, 7:30 p.m., Fox Sports 1

Oregon (+2) at Arizona State, 10:30 p.m., ESPN

Saturday

Ole Miss (-6.5) at Auburn, noon, ESPN

South Carolina (+14.5) at Texas A&M, noon, SEC Network

Virginia Tech (-2.5) at Boston College, 12:30 p.m., ACC Network

USC (-6) at California, 3 p.m., Fox

Clemson (-10.5) at N.C. State, 3:30 p.m., ABC or ESPN2

Florida (-3) vs. Georgia, at Jacksonville, 3:30 p.m., CBS

Oklahoma State (-3) at Texas Tech, 3:30 p.m., ESPN

Michigan (-13) at Minnesota, 7 p.m., ESPN

Texas (-7) at Iowa State, 7 p.m., Fox Sports 1

Tennessee (-7) at Kentucky, 7:30 p.m., SEC Network

Notre Dame (-9.5) at Temple, 8 p.m., ABC

Stanford (-13.5) at Washington State, 10:30 p.m., ESPN

Arizona at Washington, 11 p.m., Fox Sports 1 (no line due to Jake Browning injury)

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good Slate of games.

TCU (-14) vs West By God
    Oregon (+1.5) at Arizona State
    Cal (+5.5) vs USC
    Oklahoma (-38) at Kansas
    Texas Tech (+3.0) vs Oklahoma State
    Tulsa (+3.5) at SMU
    South Carolina (+15.5) at Texas A/M
    Wisconsin (-19) vs Rutgers
    Washington State (+13) vs Stanford
    Air Force (-7.5) at Hawaii

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

VT at BC. A good chance this happens again:

[​IMG]

JackReacher likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not even Frank would smile this time.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't pay a ton of attention to the ACC outside of Clemson & FSU, but kind of surprised UNC is a 3-point favorite at Pitt.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm kinda glad someone brought up Virginia Tech. Is Virginia Tech the kind of program where they're content with being a middle of the road ACC team?

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm not. UNC has more talent than Pitt and Pitt's really been gutting out wins by the hairs on their asshole. I'm happy with what Narduzzi has done so far but you have to believe this Cardiac Cats routine ends soon. He's won the last two on late field goals and had to stifle Virginia Tech in a monsoon because his offense stunk on ice.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No. The natives are extremely restless. Everyone is trying to figure out Frank's exit strategy and how you go about telling the guy who built your program from nothing that it's time to go. I think he knows it's time. I'm guessing he has four games left in Blacksburg.

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Oregon being an underdog to ASU surprises me a bit. Oregon is coming off a bye and should be closer to full strength, especially at the QB position with Adams.
    I would have thought ND would be favored by more, simply because Temple hasn't really played anyone yet unless you count Penn State.
    Sadly, I have to say the Stanford-WAZZU line feels about right. It doesn't look like a good match up for the Cougs, but it's Halloween night in Pullman so strange things can happen.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Stanford @ Washington State may be my most interested game Saturday.
    The whole Stanford mentality of not wanting to get into a shootout against the Wazzu mentality of we will go ahead and let you score so we get the ball back and score again as fast as possible.
    Falk is putting up video game like numbers.

murphyc likes this.
  11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Missouri (pick) against Bye

And Mangino out as Iowa State offensive coordinator. Maybe Henson can take that job after Missouri cans him at season's end. Is Christiansen, the guy who ran the Chase Daniel offenses, available? And TigerVols, do you have any Mauk info?

12. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

If he continues like he's been playing the last three weeks, I could see Falk as a legitimate Heisman preseason candidate next year. It's not just the big numbers, it's the calm demeanor and making good reads and good choices.
    The Cougar defense is improving, but they still miss too many tackles. That'll be a big problem when trying to slow down McCaffrey, to say nothing of kick returns. And the Stanford defense will be the best Falk has faced yet this year. Combine those factors and I'm not terribly optimistic, but if Falk can get into a groove early and the defense makes some key stops...

Draft saved Draft deleted