1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 8 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It was hard to see but he kicked the 55-yarder when they blew the play dead and that one made it by plenty. Figured he had the leg after that.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Rumors are heating up in Philadelphia that College Gameday will be on Independence Mall for Temple-ND. You can scream it doesn't matter all you want but for a team that's never been 7-0 and has only been ranked four times in its history this is a huge deal.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

A guy I talked to earlier in the week said it would be either Philly or Pullman for Wazzu-Stanford. But Temple winning last night probably clinched it for Philly.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Did anyone see the brawl between East Mississippi and Mississippi Delta last night?
    If I heard correctly, someone was up 48-0 in the 2nd quarter, and called 2 timeouts to try and pile it on.....

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. Steak Snabler

Having covered a lot of Mississippi JuCo football in my life, I was not at all surprised.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bill Cosby as the guest picker?

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

You would have to know the coach at East Mississippi (and I do) to know how utterly unsurprising this is. Dude runs a renegade program that is completely out of control, and the school's administration is either too cowed or likes the wins too much to rein him in. He's the same one who got into a fight with a referee on the sideline earlier this season, the same guy who hung 95 on a team a couple of years ago just because he could. They're supposed to host a playoff game next week, but if every player who came off their bench last night is suspended, as they should be, they may not have enough players to field a team.

EDIT: State junior college association has booted East Mississippi from playoffs.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Any game played in Texas on Saturday is going to be a slosh-fest.
    Adjust your bets accordingly.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. Steak Snabler

Which is big, being two time defending national champions as they are.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, actually, me neither. Especially the part about Tennesseans drink brown water while everyone else gets their buzz on from a can.

Oh, and the oranges not matching. I am currently wearing three different shades. Proudly. Although I long ago lost the shirt this dude's wearing.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted