1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 6 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 5, 2015.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think he might have overheard the phrase "ritual sacrifice" ...

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My wife just texted a "Win one for the Gipper" reference to my daughter (the senior at UT). Daughters's reaction was "Huh?"

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

In 1990, Wisconsin and Northwestern met for the right to see who would finish 9th in the Big Ten and who would be 10th. Alvarez's first year and the Cats won. Three years later, Wisconsin won the Big Ten. Two years after that, Northwestern won.

I was a student at Wisconsin during all of this and the 1993 season was a surprise but not a total shock -- they improved in 1991 (5 wins vs. weak non-con), 1992 (5 wins vs. good non-con and beating Ohio State).

Yet Northwestern in 1995 was so completely unexpected. Wisconsin beat the crap out of them in 1993 and 1994 (both times NU had experienced QBs and WRs and they were lost). The Notre Dame win, as shocking as it was, actually paled to an NU team that was able to beat Wisconsin and Michigan and win the damn conference.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Hokies have looked terrible recently, but this game has "Wolfpack continue to crash down to earth after finally playing someone with a pulse" written all over it. It's an ACC tradition.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Also, Michael Brewer is somehow probable for VT. I'm staying far, far away from this one.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I don't fancy UT's chances of keeping the Sooners under 40.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I added another game to my list......

Cal (+7) @ Utah......over 61.5

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

doctorquant likes this.
  11. Steak Snabler