1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 4 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 21, 2015.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

But they covered one game. 1-11 ATS.

Even Wazzu went 4-8 that year ATS.

My original point is no one has gone an entire year without covering the spread. This year, Auburn, Mich St, Arizona St, Missouri (and of course Kansas) among a few others haven't covered.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You've got it the wrong way. Money is heavy on Mississippi State.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I understand the early money has been heavy on State.
    My question was simply this ... Why should Auburn have ever been a 4-point favorite except for the home field factor?
    Vegas is stuck with this one and booing houses out there will likely have their runners going to bet the other side and balance out what appears to a be a lock for State to cover. Vegas books have built-in ways to cover their own asses.
    Now, I've been wrong before but ...
    (Finally, if I were playing I'd get Ole Miss and Tennessee for as much as I could afford)

4. SnarkShark

The bookmakers know exactly what they're doing. Just like they knew about Texas A&M in week 1 and Maryland last week.

Are the wrong sometimes? Yes. But there is a reason they're still in business.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So are we laying our car payments on Auburn or what, SnarkShark?

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

7. SnarkShark

I will probably be making a big play on them, but I don't make my wagers for Saturday until Friday night.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. I usually make mine on Saturday morning, or Friday night if I have stuff to do Saturday morning.

I do like that play, though.

9. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

In 6 days I have tripled my money on CFB and MLB wagers. If not for NFL I would probably have it quadrupled or more. Had a lackluster Sunday, but see a few bets that I will be making Friday

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hope I'm wrong, of course, but . . . . there is way too much love for Tennessee on the board this week, IMO. Ten in a fucking row, including a loss at home last year to that steaming turd of a team UF put on the field, makes me figure that they'll find a way to fuck up again.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Tennessee feels like too easy of a pick. Although its now a PK where Florida was -3 to start. Lots of action on the Vols early.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Reports surfacing that multiple Florida players, including starting CB Jalen Tabor and co-QB1 Treon Harris, might be suspended for the Tennessee game.

EDIT: Now confirmed by Florida.

Worth nothing that this game opened at Florida -3 and is now Tennessee -1.5.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted