1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 2 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 8, 2015.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

"Win or lose, we drink more" is a common refrain in Pullman. Has been for generations. The only reason there might have been beer left anywhere in town Saturday night was so many students were out of town for Labor Day.
    I was never fully convinced Leach was the right hire, but for sure Moos had to do SOMETHING. I went to two home games in 2010. In one, the Cougs needed a furious fourth quarter rally to nip Montana State at the last second. The other was a loss to Cal. There was absolutely zero energy at the stadium or anywhere around town. The fact Wulff got another year after that shocked me.
    To me, Leach always seems to be heralded more than he should. Like when he goes for it on fourth down in his territory, it's portrayed as some honorable trait. How about running a balanced offense that doesn't require going for it on fourth downs? When you pass 60+ times a game, it makes things easier for the defense because they don't have to worry about honoring the run. Plus the program has had some of its most epic collapses ever since Leach took over. First year I can maybe understand, but in the fourth year?

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I was shocked Colorado lost out there, refs or not. I don't trust a Norm Chow team under any circumstances.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

You can back this up. It wasn't Wazzu's record in those first 10 games. It was their lack of competitiveness. At least until they beat UW.

Kansas looks similar. After getting down 31-7 to SDSU, they woke up. Yet I can't see that team staying with 24 of anyone they play this year except for Iowa State.

Yet the impact of Gill and Weis make this the toughest rebuild of the major conferences.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

duh.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Utah State +11.5 seems awfully low for a team that barely beat a FCS team last week and public money is flooding in on Utah.

Fix is in. Gotta take the Aggies.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Sorry if you already said, but who do you like today, SnarkShark? I'm on three favorites, which scares me. Notre Dame, Memphis, and Penn State.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wisconsin -31 vs Miami, Ohio
    Mizzou -10.5 at Arkansas State
    South Carolina -7 vs Kentucky
    Florida Intl. +8 at Indiana

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Vanderbilt's lame-duck head coach has banned live animals from the sidelines of West End High Stadium; methinks the Dawgs' rally cry of "win one for Uga" will result in an epic beat-down of the Dores.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

People loading up on Clemson as I figured they would. Line is up to 20.5 in some places after opening at 17.

Still doesn't make a ton of sense they'd be favored that little at home against Appalachian State. (Yeah, I know App State once beat Michigan, but Louisiana-Monroe once beat Alabama, too. I wouldn't lay any money on the WarHawks, either).

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm on Appy State. That line is too fishy not to be on it.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

USF-Florida State going to be played in a quagmire.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Granted I've only been to Michigan long enough to change planes, but never realized UM and Sparty were <50 miles apart.

Draft saved Draft deleted