1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 2 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Memphis. Giving 14. On the road.

Yeah, take Kansas.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Maybe at SMU last year.

Also, Memphis won 10 games last year.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Kansas is historically bad. As in 2008 Wazzu bad.

Kansas gave up 41 to SDSU All while Memphis won 66-3 or something like that against Missouri St.

Because I'm a bit of a degenerate, I DVRd the Kansas-SDSU game. They are that bad.

You won't win every week ATS going against Kansas but you'll win more than you'll lose between now and Thanksgiving.

In a way, I could even see KU covering 14 this week. But then that would inflate the lines for the next 7 weeks when they'll get their doors blown off and won't cover.

Load up if you're in Nevada.

Kansas has 60 scholarship players. With each week, their depth will get depleted even more.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

KU had an Ohio Valley Conference roster, not even up to Missouri Valley standards. This is a real test for us die hards, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the future, but bet against the Hawks this year.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Kansas might be 2015 Wazzu bad.

The Monday After: Portland State beat us and all hope is lost edition

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Likewise this feels to me like Glen Mason's first year. I believe KU lost to Kent State that year, when MAC teams almost never won against I-A programs when it was 95 scholarships.

They'll get better if this coach sticks around. I think it's a good hire for Kansas for the long term. I also think it's a better financial opportunity for this season to go against KU on every game in a conference where everyone else can score 55 points on them.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd take Clemson, Oklahoma and LSU

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Having watched the game, I don't really think the playcalling was the problem. I think the really overmatched talent was the problem. Seems like 1) Super panic move, and 2) Not likely to make to big an impact.

ADD: Also, if he's on such short a leash that you demote him after one game, why not just get rid of him in the offseason, so that the new guy has time to install his offense?

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Clemson only favored by 17 against App State seems a tad fishy, no?

11. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

As an Ohio State fanboi, I admittedly can lean toward the Lou Holtz / the opposition is better than you think / the sky is falling camp. But....I actually kinda like Hawaii + the 38.

They've (going back to last season) had 5 straight high emotion games. They're due for a flat one. In addition, it's a REALLY quick turnaround (4 days) & there's no way Meyer is going to grind his 1st teamers down.

I can see them hanging 60. I can also see them giving up 31-35.......

12. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

That one stuck out like neon sign.....which makes me wonder WTH I'm missing. Anyone??

Draft saved Draft deleted