1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 14 (Championship Week) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 30, 2015.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Iowa, possibly.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

This maybe have already been brought up, but Clemson's Dabo Swinney, in the finest "play 'em one game at a time" tradition, earlier this promised a pizza party "for everybody" if Clemson finished the season undefeated. Now that that party's close to becoming a reality, the logistical challenges it presents have led him to say to hell with Saturday night. Win or lose, they're expecting about 20,000 people at Death Valley on Sunday.

I talked about the logistical challenges in my class earlier today. Pretty interesting how they're going to (try to) work around these.

Dabo's Pizza Party a huge undertaking for all involved - Clemson Football News - TigerNet

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Alabama/Kansas State is a bank pairing this wkd, if anyone's out Vegas or Reno way.

exmediahack likes this.
  4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Before we give the guy too much credit, tho.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Any SJ.comers going to be in Indy tomorrow? In previous years, Layman and others have described a pretty fun Saturday night scene, even if the B1G championship games themselves are blowouts.

I foresee a sizable contingent of Hawkeye fans making their way along I-74 today ... wish I could be part of it. Maybe I'll make a run at bowl game ... er, national semifinal tickets.:D

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Already there. :)

8. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Let's say Ohio State gets locked out of the CFP. How will the Big Ten title game loser grab a Rose Bowl invite over the Bucks?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Why would they? Everything I've seen strongly, strongly speculates that Ohio State would get that spot.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's all about the rankings. The CFP rankings determine the New Year's Six. I don't see Iowa staying above Ohio State without a win. Not even a one-point loss on a two-point conversion. The SoS mainly.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The SoBrandName mainly.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The rankings are whatever the old white guys (and honorary old white guy Condi Rice) say they are.

Draft saved Draft deleted