1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 14 (Championship Week) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 30, 2015.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I'd say Hogan was a pretty good offensive cog for Stanford this year. Stanford beat WAZZU mainly due to Hogan, especially the two big runs he had (one for a TD). McCaffrey was pretty well bottled up that night, plus he had a fumble that was wrongly ruled to not be a fumble. Yes, Stanford lost to Oregon due in large part to Hogan fumbling two snaps late in the game, but he's been good most of the year. I'm thinking that will be the main thing going against McCaffrey.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Well.....that and the fact the kicker from Wazzu missed one from 43 yards at the horn.

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

He'd already made five kicks on the night, so I'm giving him the pass. Hogan's runs turned the game in Stanford's favor. Had the refs not bungled the call on McCaffrey's fumble, it likely wouldn't have come down to that field goal attempt. Overall point is Hogan is a key cog on the offense for Stanford, with his ability taking away both some of the pressure from McCaffrey but also some of the glory.

Draft saved Draft deleted