1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Great. Then there's value available, because it doesn't matter one iota on Saturday that Jimmy Clausen couldn't find Golden Tate enough to overcome Toby Gerhart.

2. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Yes, because that's exactly what I'm talking. Clausen, Tate and Gerhart. Or, that I'm defending it as a "good" / correct line (I haven't). Not that home field (for the purpose of setting a line....for betting purposes / getting half the money on each side of the number) is historically "worth" 3 points. Or that, for whatever reason, ND has struggled the last three times it's traveled to Stanford on Thanksgiving weekend. The kind of trend that, silly or not, are used by some folks to set lines / decide their plays. You're probably right. It's just line makers over reacting to the BC game.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How many mortgage payments are we laying on the Irish, Dick? I'm good for three.

Kidding, of course. Although not about betting the Irish. I'll check my book tonight and hopefully it hasn't changed much by then.

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt Luke Falk plays the Apple Cup on Friday. As much as I'd love to see him play -- I think the Cougs will really kick some Husky ass if he plays -- he's taken big shots in back-to-back games. If he plays on Friday and gets his bell rung again, he might be done. I'd rather him miss Apple Cup, get well, possibly play in the bowl game and be ready to win the Heisman next year. Besides, I still think the Cougs can win with Bender at QB.
    At about the same time as Apple Cup, Civil War between Oregon and Oregon State is happening. I believe I heard last night the Ducks are favored by 33 points. Not surprising, since the Beavs just lost to UW by 45 at home.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Notre Dame opened as a two point favorite. Bettors apparently like Stanford

Sports Betting News and Vegas Odds
    game 217/218

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Iowa only a field goal favorite is the screaming red siren to me. Has that same fishy "What does Vegas know?" smell that Temple-USF did.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think it's not that suspicious, just logical. Game's at Nebraska, where Michigan St., a more "public" team, lost not too long ago.

8. JackReacher

Right. I don't see anything fishy about the Iowa line.

9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

FSU moved from a slight underdog to a road favorite. What's the O/U? Probably go with the under, whatever it is.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Watching ESPNU's playoffs how this morning, they are big on OU and Iowa, and very down on Notre Dame, almost solely due to the Boston College performance. Brad Edwards had Notre Dame out of his top six.

11. JackReacher

12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

About what I'd expect. I think it's a 20-16 or 17-14 kind of game.

Draft saved Draft deleted