1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 12 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 16, 2015.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Columbia sure has a lot of dumb players for an Ivy League school. But then again, its QB is the son of Marty Morningweh, so maybe the Lions are just cursed.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Boise State is done. They look awful tonight. Up 13-3 in the first quarter, now trailing 31-13 at home to Air Force.

Edit: Make that 34-13. 31 unanswered points in about 22 minutes of game time.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That would be Florida transfer Skyler Mornhinweg, who got the scholarship that was supposed to go to Paxton Lynch. Charlie Weis had recruited Lynch while OC at Florida, but then left to become HC at Kansas.

New Florida OC Brent Pease then offered Morhinweg, the son of his old buddy Marty. As well all know, Lynch then went to Memphis, and stands a decent chance of being the No. 1 overall pick in May.

#TBT: Florida passed last-minute on Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When the hell did Curley Hallman start coaching Air Force? Zoomies just threw their third pick since going up three TDs.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

First consecutive home losses since 1993, when they were I-AA Big Sky and coached by Pokey Allen.

6. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

People were leaving the stadium at halftime in Boise. Extremely fair-weather fans.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think the fact it was about 9:30 at night and about 25 degrees might have had something to do with it, too.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Some strong value for this Saturday... I'm riding high after going 6-1 on MACtion the last two weeks so today is pretty much playing with house money.

Purdue +23 at Iowa. My strongest play of the week. Senior day for Iowa, Purdue usually plays up/down to the opponent but still loses. Also loading up on UNDER 57 and Purdue +11 at halftime. Iowa will win... but not by three scores. The snow and cold will keep the offense in check.

Kansas State -4 vs. Iowa State. This was 5.5 and I'm shocked the Powercat isn't at least a TD favorite.

Michigan -3.5 at Penn State

UPSET: Northwestern +10 at Wisconsin. I like Northwestern on the money line +240 for a small bet.

Kansas +28.5 vs. West Virginia

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Against my better judgment, I'm watching VT's final home game of the Beamer era. Interestingly, it's being called by Kelly Stouffer. So Kelly Stouffer is alive.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Rough start... :)

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted