1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 12 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 16, 2015.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I've watched a lot of Memphis this year, not as a fan but as a guy who likes them on the "over" (as well as at Temple this weekend). They're good -- dominated Ole Miss and had Houston on the ropes on the road...until they didn't.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Nick Saban wants you to know he's not overlooking Charleston Southern (though no one asked him if he was). But that doesn't stop him from making reference to the way Georgia Southern ran the ball on them in 2011. I won't spoil the surprise, which comes at about the 1:10 mark:

Which led to this:

D-3 Fan likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Nick's brilliant at fake outrage because it scares the goober lemmings in the Alabama media.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Which is exactly why Saban or any of the other college football deities won't go to the NFL. They'll snap too quickly the moment they don't have their local Pravda running their agendas.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

A ton of college coaching deities go to the NFL. Some fail (Spurrier). Some succeed (Carroll). Some just wind up heading back to college eventually (Harbaugh).

6. Steak Snabler

If I recall correctly, Saban went to the NFL didn't he?

And the reason he didn't succeed wasn't because he was afraid of the media.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Apparently he didn't care for it.

8. Steak Snabler

Anyway, I thought Saban's rant was funny. It seems like most everyone in the room thought it was funny and didn't take it personally.

It was so obviously directed at fans and players.

Above all, it makes for great copy/sound bites; certainly better than you get during an average week vs. an FCS opponent.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We talking about the Nick Saban who sat and blamed the media for making up rumors that he was interested in the Alabama job...only to have those rumors be proven correct?

TyWebb likes this.
  10. John

John Well-Known Member

I was just confused about the expression, if it is one, of shit through a tin horn. Never heard it before. Quite liked it.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree with Steak. I've seen real Saban rants, one in person when he was at Michigan State, and this wasn't one. He was putting on his public persona to some extent, and I didn't think he had that in him.

12. Steak Snabler

It's a Patton-ism. Saban's a big Patton guy, which stands to reason.

Draft saved Draft deleted