1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 10 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

He went 5-7 (2-6) in 2012. This isn't unprecedented.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Saw this and thought of you, Yorkie.

3. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

"Ever hear of echo chambers?"

If Iowa's QB gets/stays healthy and there are no serious injuries, there will be some people eating crow (pun intended) regarding the Hawkeyes.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That was excellent. Very funny.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

So........if you're a Missouri booster......or the chancellor........you're going to accept mediocrity at a price of over $4,000,000 per year?

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

"That's an interesting theory, but no one in the SEC except Vanderbilt would understand it."

Great stuff, especially for this Iowa grad. Hawkeye fans have a good sense of humor. We endure/have endured 1950s playcalling; "the smell of money" en route to Kinnick Stadium; and Hayden Fry's white pants.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You think winning two SEC East division titles is mediocre? Yeah, he's having a shit year this season but Tennessee, Pitt, Purdue, Maryland and about 40 other schools would suck Missouri's ass to have the kind of "mediocrity" Pinkel's had over about the past 10 seasons. I would also remind Missouri boosters and fans to take a look back at the history pre-Pinkel. Aside from the Devine years, Mizzou is mediocrity personified, aside from Wiedenhofer and Stull years when it was straight-up ass. Let's not pretend Pinkel was given the keys to Nebraska and drove it into a ditch.

RubberSoul1979 likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I know of no Mizzou boosters calling for Pinkel's head. None. Not sure why it's even being mentioned on this thread.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

That was my thought. Yeah, he's struggling this year, but the guy essentially made Mizzou an SEC contender in less than two years. Can't fire that.

10. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Seriously. From the Kennedy years to the end of the Big 8, Mizzou was just a rest stop for someone else's path to a conference title.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dartmouth is 6-1.

When did the Big Green get good again?

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

They didn't fire him after that. Or after a DWI arrest. Or after a player died. Or after multiple domestic violence incidents by players. They sure as hell aren't firing him for this season.

They know Mizzou isn't Alabama. He gives them winning seasons more often than not. They'll put a statue up for him someday.

Draft saved Draft deleted