1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 31, 2015.

1. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Missouri Valley FCS Upset Watch:
    Illinois State at Iowa
    Northern Iowa at Iowa State
    South Dakota State at Kansas
    Although I'm not sure if Iowa State or Kansas should be favored over anyone.

2. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Are we not doing the SJ.com poll this year?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Oregon's quarterback transferred from ... Eastern Washington.

Give me the Vols and 20.5 all day long.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

S. Carolina -2
    La. Lafayette +17
    TCU -14
    Arizona State +3

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Baylor -35
    Arizona St. +3
    Ohio State -11

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Somehow, someway, they actually managed to record an average attendance just a hair over 15,000 last season. I think it had a lot to do with a corporate sponsor buying up the difference between whatever the actual sales number was and 15,000, since that's the magic number that you have to hit at least every other year before you fall out of compliance with NCAA rules.

Maybe the gray turf is bringing in the fans:

[​IMG]

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

No, when I started a thread to see if there was interest in someone else taking the reins, there was no interest.

Who knows, as we get to mid-October, we could form our own SJ.com playoff pickin' committee ...

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hey, do we have a yahoo pick'em game??

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just my two cents, but I would stay away from the betting window this week, especially wary of teams with QBs making their first starts. And there are a lot of them.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Take Bama. Badgers OL has been banged up all through the summer. Hasn't had any chance to gel, and of course Bama's from 7 in insane. And if the Badgers can't run, well, they still have Stave, so they're boned. I could easily see the Badgers offense struggling as much as they did against OSU last year.

11. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

I made this comment in an earlier thread & stick by it now. Saban will take every comment he's heard, about the Big 10 / SEC / Ohio State beating 'bama, out on Bucky. The foot aint ever comin' off the pedal Saturday, folks....

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'm up for one too!

Draft saved Draft deleted