1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 12/2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Dec 2, 2006.

1. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

And here's my Boise State point.

There is no way Boise State can beat Ohio State.
    None.
    They don't have the athletes.
    There's nothing they've done during the season to even consider they could hang with USC.
    And just look at the whupping they got against Georgia last season.
    However. Those same things were being about UCLA until about an hour ago (substitute the lose to USC for Georgia).
    And then UCLA goes out and knocks off the "lock" to play Ohio State for the national championship.

I know it makes for great arguments in bars and forums, but I will never understand why something as prestigious as a national title is decided based on who people/computers "think" is better. Especially when it is shown over and over and over that nothing is ever absolute until the game is actually played.

Okay. Rant over.

2. Grohl

Grohl Guest

Shows what I know. I'll shut up until that game is over.

3. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

If Arkansas and Rutgers win, we'd have unbeaten Ohio State and ...

Four one-loss teams
    Michigan - lost to Ohio State
    Wisconsin - lost to Michigan
    Louisville - lost to Rutgers
    Rutgers - lost to Cincy

And undefeated Boise State.

Your conference champions would be:
    - An Arkansas team that lost by 36 to USC.
    - USC, which lost to the third- and fourth-place teams in its own conference.
    - Wake, which lost by 21 to Va Tech and also to the Clemson team that finished fourth out of six teams in its division.
    - Oklahoma, which gets throttled by 18 by Texas and might not have even made the conference title game if it Colt McCoy doesn't get hurt, or a three-loss Nebraska team that lost by 18 to USC.

Yea, this isn't a mess.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Meyer just burned his last timeout with 3:58 to play in the third quarter ... to set up a punt.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thing is, the same things are said in so many upsets in college basketball. Lucky for them, things are actually determined on the floor instead of a bunch of computers with almost useless information and a bunch of stuffed shirts who no more want to have a clear national champion than the man on the moon.

The way upsets are taking place, it would almost make sense to allow Boise State to take a shot. I mean, no one else acts like they want to take a shot. And the last thing I want to see is another Michigan-Ohio State rematch.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fixed.

7. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

Wow.
    Think that was Urban's strategy?

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Arkansas: I'll see your dumbass decision and raise you "try to catch punt over the shoulder at my own 2 and fumble it into the end zone for a touchdown."

9. is pat white playing quarterback for west va. today? i'm at big 12 title game -- with one-loss oklahoma -- and on the espn stats it says jarrett brown is playing qb for wva

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Talk about dumbassery of the highest level.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He is. That's probably why they're losing 10-3.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fucking Fish.

Draft saved Draft deleted