1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 12/2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Dec 2, 2006.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And I've got to hand it to T.J. Simers of the L.A. Times. He said all week UCLA would win this game, the Trojans couldn't get up for another big game, it's human nature, etc.

2. MileHigh

UCLA should not be kicking this. Dance around in the end zone and take a safety.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hell of a punt there.

4. MileHigh

Eat it Trojans and BCS.

5. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Rodriguez came out wearing a houndstooth sombrero. 7-0 Rutgers after 2:10 of action.

6. Grohl

Grohl Guest

A little confusion, courtesy of the Bruins. So, if Florida holds on -- and I'm guessing it will, because Arkansas isn't built to come from behind -- I think the Gators will jump Michigan and move into the BCS title game. As an Ohio State fan, I don't think this is the worst thing in the world.

I was going to say that this was bad for those of us who want a playoff, because now all of the BCS apologists will say the system works, and we get the two best teams playing for the title. (I'm guessing John Saunders is about to say that, if he hasn't already.) But the problem is that even when there's chaos, the apologists claim it's great because it gets everyone talking about college football. Sigh.

What does this do to LSU? USC will move down to the Rose Bowl (against Michigan, I assume). Does LSU get left out of the BCS?

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Sugar Bowl (my guess, assuming your USC-Michigan Rose Bowl scenario comes to fruition).

8. MileHigh

If there's an Ohio State-Michigan rematch, I think that will hasten things more toward a playoff, or at least the "plus one" both of which I'm in favor of.

As for the Rose Bowl, it will be USC vs. LSU or USC vs. Michigan.

LSU is pretty much getting one of the four at-large berths.

Title game: Ohio State vs. Florida/Michigan
    Rose: USC vs. LSU/Michigan
    Sugar: Florida/LSU vs. Notre Dame
    Orange: Louisville/Rutgers vs. Wake Forest
    Fiesta: Boise State vs. Oklahoma/Nebraska

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Cal beats Stanford to sent Wlat to 1-11. EF Examiner columnist reported yesterday that Harris will be fired after this, his second season. Be interesting to see if it happens. You have to (a) piss off a lot of people or (b) drink a lot and act like an ass clown at a strip club to be fired in such short time

10. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

Where do you put Louisville?
    USC should drop past them. If Rutgers beats WVU, it gets the Big East title.
    So does a fifth-ranked Louisville get left out of the BCS in favor of LSU and Notre Dame?

11. Grohl

Grohl Guest

OK, you'd have OSU-Florida in the title game and USC-Michigan in the Rose. Wake Forest is going to the Orange and the Big XII champ is going to the Fiesta. The Sugar Bowl would get two picks, I think, since it loses the SEC champ to the title game. If it takes LSU, which makes sense, and Boise State and the Big East champ have to go somewhere, is it possible Notre Dame could get left out? (That would be so cool.) Actually, I guess there's still a spot open, so the Irish would still get in, right?

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Arkansas is threatening to make the point moot.

Draft saved Draft deleted