1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 12/2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Goooooooooo Penguins!!!

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Sorry, but the only way he'll face the same pressure that Chris had at Texas is if he's playing basketball, too. Louisville football pressure will never bee what Texas football pressure is.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Peg-goo-ins is practically chicken... [bugsbunny]

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I love my tall, goofy, happy-go-lucky USC cheerleader.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hey, give her a break. It's not easy being in SC's honors college.

Sweater? Full. Head? Empty.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I knew UCLA would win this game. That is great team. I can't believe I made that prediction. That was...

epic! [/Jim Rome]

I would like to see what that asshat has to say to defend USC now? Which brings up an interesting thought: is USC's loss to UCLA worst than Michigan's loss to OSU?

Here's why I'm asking, as a dolt: Michigan, to some, gave up 42 points and lost. However, OSU gave up 39 to Michigan. It was a competitive game throughout. Michigan suffered their only lost of the season. USC, on the other hand, looked like they didn't bother getting off of the bus against a 7-5 mediocre UCLA team. The conspiracy theorist in me suggest that Pete was bought off to lose the game or USC purposely tanked it to throw the BCS into what everyone didn't want to see happen: a near-disaster.

Michigan is heading to Pasadena and UCLA is heading to (snicker) San Francisco for a made-for-tv bowl. Notwithstanding Oregon State won last night at Hawai'i, the Fighting Pete Carroll's tank job was worse.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Update:

Sporting News projects Brian Brohm to be the No. 1 pick. Others are projecting him in the top 5.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061205/SPORTS02/61205030

Draft saved Draft deleted