1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 11-24/25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Nov 24, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

A lot of teams that rarely have big wins?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Boise State stomping a pretty good Nevada team 31-7 at the end of the third.

Put the Broncos in the title game!!!!!!!

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

IAN JOHNSON FOR HEISMAN!

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Georgia 15, Georgia Tech 12
    Florida 21, Florida State 14
    South Carolina 31, Clemson 28

Thanks for playing ACC. Please accept a copy of our home game.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

OK, the thing with him crocheting in the dark was dorky! ESPN makes me ill at time.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Well I think each of those wins were the first time each of the schools in questions had defeated that highly-ranked a team, which would thereby make each one the most significant. I know its the case for South Florida. When the beat Louisville last season, the Cardinals were ranked below No.7.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The Arkansas message boards are lit up over the Hogs loss to LSU yesterday. The sentiment seems to be fire Houston Nutt.
    I was looking at them earlier after I heard CBS's Spencer Tillman say in the pregame show that Nutt was his choice for national Coach of the Year.
    Nationally, Nutt is viewed as a top coach. Locally, he's despised.
    Can anyone explain the split?
    I mean, I'm just wondering what makes people happy. Arkansas has a team that is 10-2, SEC West champs, headed to the SEC Title game and a lock for a Jan. 1 game.
    Yet some are calling for Nutt's head. Just seems odd to me.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Webby will be knee deep in something alcoholic.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Mizzou 42, Kansas 17 ... It's. About. Fucking. Time.

Also, I caught most of that Clemson-USC game.. how in God's name did Clemson lose that. Blake Mitchell was anxious to turn the ball over time and again.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Rumor had it that Nutt was on the way out earlier in the season before the Hogs started their SEC run. Like most diehard college football fans, Hog fans are completely irrational.

No one expected them to have a season like this, and while it's disappointing not to run the table in the SEC regular season, there's still a shot to earn your first BCS bowl game. Having lived in Arkansas for most of my life, I'm sure the idiocy on sports radio is at an all-time high.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

At first, I thought it was a Mayne Event segment.

12. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

For the third straight year, Calvin Johnson lays an egg against Georgia. Same goes for Reggie Ball.

My day is made.

Draft saved Draft deleted