1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 11-24/25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Nov 24, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Have I mentioned I hate football?
    And life?

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Florida hasn't been good, but I think they lost something when Harvin got knocked out of the game late in the second. The delay with taking him off the field, I think it affected them and the momentum they had at that point.

3. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Pancamo - got a link to this? Or can you pull off nexis?

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Talk about Karma and dumb play-calling down the stretch...

Tommy Bowden goes conservative inside the red zone under a minute to go, down 31-28. Rather than throw for a TD, the idiot decides on going Fredo and opts to kick a FG to send it into overtime.

Oops.

Dean misses and the Chickens win, 31-28. Viva OBC-Ball!!!!

BTW, Pinkel's a fool for going for two after scoring that last TD. He's up 42-17. Fat Boy and his troops are not going to come from 25 down to win in the last three minutes.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And it's over, the Bulls upset the Mountaineers 24-19. Best win in the 10-year history of the program defeating No.7.

Which means, Rutgers gets to go to WV next week with a shot at the BCS.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oz, please pick up the white courtesy phone...

8)

7. joe

joe Active Member

Final: Mizzou 42, Jayhawks 17. Oz? Oz?

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

google "mitch mustain opens recruitment" and you find about 100 links.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Oz is sharpening his knife to carve up Mangino. There's plenty to go around. :)

10. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Rutgers would have gone to WV next week with a shot at the BCS anyway.

All this game does is ensure WV can't get the BCS bid, and increases LSU's chances of getting one.

If Rutgers wins next week, they go to the BCS. If not, they probably are stuck in the International Bowl (nothing like a bowl game in Toronto in January) or some other third or fourth tier bowl that no one cares about. Apparently, the Gator Bowl has an option this year to choose a Big 12 team; Nebraska would certainly make an enticing choice, given how well their fans travel.

If Notre Dame loses to USC tonight and doesn't get a BCS bid of its own, you can knock the rest of the Big East down another peg because the Irish are then entitled to the Big East's bowl allotment and will get snatched up in an instant.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I know that, but now you get the chance WV says, "Ah to hell with it" and lays down. They so completely overlooked South Florida today. Four turnovers and White looking gimpy on a bad foot.

BTW, you make a great point about LSU. If Arkansas loses to Florida next week, I think the Bayou Bengals are a lot more attractive for the BCS.

Meanwhile in the SEC, Kentucky blows it with a chance to take the lead. Second-and-goal from the three, delay of game, then three straight incompletions. The Volunteers should hold on from here.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

And considering the way Rutgers bounced back today -- got a horseshit opponent down early, then stepped on their throats, 38-7, never a contest -- I think RU just nmight win in Morgantown next week, someting I didn't think even after they beat Louisville.

Draft saved Draft deleted