1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 11-24/25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Nov 24, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

this is why i like college football much more than pro

never would you see anything like this in the nfl

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Watching Arkansas is like watching a flag football game - the RB is constantly lining up at QB, the old throwback to the QB play and other trick plays.

3. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Again, I say Amen. Then again, I'm from college football country. Or, kuntry. Seriously. This is just good stuff. I bet the atmosphere in War Memorial is fricken unreal right now.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Arkansas has to run a flag football offense because the QB play is pathetic.

5. HoopsMcCann

jesus... mcfadden on the sidelines on second and third down? christ

dick sucks

6. mitch mustain is worse than casey dick?

houston nutt should be fired for running casey dick out on the field for that last drive...embarrassing.

7. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Oh so many places you could go with that. But yeah, he's no good. Really surprised they didn't try to put Mustain in.

And is JaMarcus, nearing the end of the of his college career, finally shedding the 'doesn't play well in big games' monkey?

8. HoopsMcCann

he should be fired for having mcfadden standing next to him on second and third downs -- or at least the high school coach posing as an offensive coordinator

9. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

The hs coach posing as an offensive coordinator didn't do too badly this year. 10-2 for a team that sucked awfully bad a year ago is pretty good. It helped that the defense turned it around after USC, but don't be fooled. The offense was pretty damn good from game two on. Though, keeping McFadden out is pretty bad.

10. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Wow, that's a clueless statement. Junkie must live outside of SECland.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Wow ... the Arkansas running back threw for more yards on trick plays than Arkansas's quarterback
    Casey Dick ... 3-17-29 yards
    Darren McFadden ... 2-2-36
    Kinda makes you wonder why they didn't go with the freshman, Mustain.
    Arkansas is terrible though, this just confirms my suspicions that the Hogs success this season was just a mirage.
    The Razorbacks have the potential to lose their last three with LSU today, Florida next week and the bowl game.

12. GFav44

GFav44 Member

With the rivalry between those schools, it seems the snobbier school wins and if they dont they dont really care. Could you explain that about the UVA Va Tech rivialry? WIth Tech pretty much winning most, if not all, the games since the Micheal Vick era, could it be reversed in this case?

Draft saved Draft deleted